|Trillium (across from our house in Munson Park)|
I like the way C.S. Lewis, in Mere Christianity, puts this:
"What do we mean when we talk of God helping us? We mean God putting into us a bit of Himself, so to speak. He lends us a little of His reasoning powers and that is how we think; He puts a little of His love into us and that is how we love one another."
Recall Jesus' words in John 14-16.
- It is the Father, living in you, that does the things the Son did while on earth, and even doing greater things. (John 14:10-14)
- The Spirit of truth dwells in you. (John 14:16-17; 16:13)
- The Holy Spirit teaches us and reminds us. (John 14:26)
- Trinitarian peace is ours. (John 14:27; 16:33)
- Your life becomes fruit-bearing. (John 15:4, 8)
- God's love is within you. (John 15:9-10)
- Trinitarian joy is yours. (John 15:11)