We're receiving applications for our 2011-2012 Redeemer Ministry School year. Here's some information.
RMS begins Sunday, September 11, in our morning worship service. We'll have a picnic that evening at my home.
Monday, Sept. 12 - Thursday, Sept. 15 - Student Orientation week. This will include community building, let by Jim and Denise Hunter.
RMS's Fall Trimester begins Tuesday, Sept. 20. Our Fall Classes are:
- Spiritual Formation - John Piippo. Description: In order to be used by God as an agent of renewal and transformation one must themselves be in a continual place of personal renewal and transformation. This course will combine times of personal prayer, spiritual journaling, and teaching from biblical and historical resources on what it means to dwell in the presence of God and be renewed and transformed. Meets: Tuesdays, 9:30am – 1:00pm
- Worship I: Intimacy & Worship - Holly Benner. Description: True worship and adoration comes from intimacy with God. It is founded on the understanding of God's great love for you. Intimacy and Worship will focus on building and furthering that love relationship with Him while defining what a lifestyle of worship looks like. This class will include an in-depth look at Song of Solomon and Old & New Testament character studies. Meets: Wednesday/Thursday, 9:30am – 11:00am.
- Kingdom of God I - Jim Collins. Description: The main teaching of Jesus was about the “kingdom of God” or “kingdom of heaven.” This course will present the major interpretations of the meaning of the kingdom of God that Jesus proclaimed. Students will learn to understand the real Jesus from the perspective of God’s kingdom message. Meets: Thursday; 5pm - 8pm.
- Bible Study Methods - Josh Bentley. Description: This course will provide students with systematic methods of studying scripture. Through those methods students will also learn how to practically apply their understanding as they study different books of the Bible. Meets: Friday, 9:30 am - 1 pm.
On class days we worship in the sanctuary from 9 - 9:30 AM. Anyone is invited to come. RMS students are expected to attend.
AND, RMS students will be part of the following special events at Redeemer:
- Philip Mantofa, Sept. 26 - 27 - 28
- Chris Overstreet, Oct. 21-23
- Angela Greenig, Nov. 10-12
Students who are living in the RMS Community House may move in on Labor Day Weekend or after.
I am already excited about students who will be in RMS this fall!
For registration information go to: redeemerministryschool.com.