|Linda, in Jerusalem at |
the Dome of the Rock
I invite all at Redeemer and beyond to join me in the next several weeks in making this letter your meditation and inspiration. Here's how I am personally going to do this.
- I will slowly read and re-read 2 Corinthians.
- When God speaks to me, I will write it down in my spiritual journal.
- When I have questions, I will research and study them.
2 Corinthians is a passionate, rich letter, filled with many famous and inspiring God-thoughts to meditate on. Here are just a few.
- 2:15, 16: For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things?
- 3:5: Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God.
- 4:17, 18: For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
- 5:10: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.
- 5:17: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
- 5:21: For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
- 8:9: For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich.
- 9:7: Each one must give as he has made up his mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
- 10:3, 4: For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh.For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds.
- 11:28, 29: And, apart from other things, there is the daily pressure on me of my anxiety for all the churches. Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to fall, and I am not indignant?
- 13:14: The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
On the way I will post thoughts and insights God is giving me. And, the sermons will be free on iTunes. Type "Redeemer Fellowship" in the "Search" box.