November 5-6, 2010
- WHEN: Friday, Nov. 5, 7-9:30 PM; Sat., Nov. 6, 10-6 PM (with an hour and a half for lunch).
- WHERE: Monroe County Community College, 'A' building, room 173.
- COST: $35/couple; $20 if only one spouse can come. (The cost covers room rental, speaker honorarium, materials, coffee/drinks/snacks provided.) Call the church office to make payment arrangements. (734-242-5277)
- PURPOSE: Craig will share many things with us that will strengthen marital and premarital relationships.
- WHO CAN COME? Married and engaged couples. If both partners cannot come one can still come.
- HOW DO I SIGN UP? E-mail Darrell Brown (email@example.com); Call the church office (734-242-5277); Sign-up sheets are in the church lobby.
- SCHOLARSHIPS: If you want to come and cannot afford the cost, please let me or our Office Manager Stella know. We have honorariums available. (If you would like to provide an honorarium for a couple please place it in the church offering and designate to: “Marriage Conference.”)
OUR SPEAKER: Craig Miller, director of Masterpeace Center for Counseling and Development in Tecumseh. Craig has also written an excellent book on marriage - When Your Mate Has Emotionally Checked Out: Radical Steps to Transform Your Relationship.
You will learn:
• Emotional difference between men and woman
• Tapping into the emotional side of your spouse.
• Why we become defensive and what to do about it.
• When your love bank is not filled- and how to fill it
• How your past emotional baggage affects your relationships.
• Cutting off hurtful patterns, relationships, and curses from your past.
• Why you and your mate act the way we do and what can be done to improve it
• Practical steps to improve communication with your spouse and family.
• Effective ways to pray for your relationship that will make a difference
• Conflict resolution strategies & Your love language made easy
• How depression, sleep deprivation, diet, and Attention Deficit Disorder affect relationships
(There will be opportunities for questions throughout the seminar)
Administrative Director, Speaker, Therapist
For thirty years Craig has been counseling with individuals, families, and couples in both medical and mental health settings. He has served as the Director of Social Work at Herrick Memorial Hospital in Tecumseh, Michigan, and currently is the co-founder, Administrative Director, and a therapist for MASTERPEACE.
Craig continues his passion for helping people through his syndicated radio talk show "Insights From the Heart" (North American Broadcasting Company), TV program, Better Life Spotlight (WLMBTV-40) copyrighted material, National speaking in the USA and Canada with PESI Education Seminars and Cross Country Education, and his books: "When Feelings Don't Come Easy" and "When Your Mate Has Emotionally Checked Out."
Craig has been speaking in churches and to the general public with topics such as, Finding the Joy of Christ in a Hurting World and Living with an unemotional mate. He speaks with professionals with topics such as, Integrating Faith Based Principles with Clinical Mental Health Issues: A Christian approach for improving treatment outcomes. For information about his speaking engagements, books, and DVD material log on to: http://www.feelingsbook.com/
Over the years Craig has learned the unique ability to successfully combine his skills as a Christian and mental health practitioner to bring healing and restoration to the spirit, mind, and body. Craig desires to work with each person, couple, and/or family to receive emotional and physical healing to bring restoration of your heart and relationship, renewal of your soul and revitalization of your faith.