I am looking forward to teaching my Spiritual Formation class at Payne Seminary!
Course MemoThis course is designed to engage participants in an exploration and expansion of their inner spiritual life utilizing the spiritual disciplines. Personal transformation is an internal process that occurs as the individual allows God access to the whole of one’s being and life. The course combines:
1) Personal encounter with God;
2) Keeping a spiritual journal as a record of the activity of God in one’s life;
3) Corporate sharing of one’s experience with God;
4) Select a book from the bibliography that is relevant to one’s spiritual development and formation.
5) Write a 5-page paper on the book and one’s interaction with it. Biblical and theological reflection on key issues that arise in the life of one who seriously engages in the spiritual disciplines.
Payne Theological Seminary
For information and registration...
Maryjo Lewis, Registrar