(At Redeemer, we are carrying these DECLARATIONS OF JOY with us this week, )
DECLARATIONS OF JOY (from Steve Backlund)
“The joy of the Lord is your strength” (Nehemiah 8:10).
“A merry heart does good, like medicine” (Proverbs 17:22).
“In Your presence is fullness of joy” (Psalm 16:11).
THE DECLARATIONS (Repeat these, saying them out loud, many times today.)
• I am an outrageously joyful person.
• My joy level is increasing daily, and I have been created to experience fullness of joy.
• Even in the midst of uncertainty, I live from a place of unshakeable joy.
• My joy levels do not depend on circumstances or how I feel.
• I love to laugh out loud, and I purpose to do so frequently.
• I experience great joy in my life even before I see the breakthroughs I am believing for.
• I naturally know when to “weep with those who weep” and “rejoice with those who rejoice.”
• I am a carrier of infectious joy, and I release joy to others.
• My joy & laughter are powerful weapons of spiritual warfare and help create breakthrough in my own life and the lives of those around me.
• I reject foreboding and embrace hope and joy.
• I am building a stronghold of joy in my life.