SEPTEMBER 23 - JOY AND LAUGHTER
(From Steve Backlund.)
“The joy of the Lord is your strength” (Nehemiah 8:10).
“A merry heart does good, like medicine” (Proverbs 17:22).
“In Your presence is fullness of joy” (Psalm 16:11).
THE DECLARATIONS (Repeat these, saying them out loud, a total of 100 times today.)
• I am an outrageously joyful person.
• My joy level is increasing daily, and I have been created to experience fullness of joy.
• Even in the midst of uncertainty, I live from a place of unshakeable joy.
• My joy levels do not depend on circumstances or how I feel.
• I love to laugh out loud, and I purpose to do so frequently.
• I experience great joy in my life even before I see the breakthroughs I am believing for.
• I naturally know when to “weep with those who weep” and “rejoice with those who rejoice.”
• I am a carrier of infectious joy, and I release joy to others.
• My joy & laughter are powerful weapons of spiritual warfare and help create breakthrough in my own life and the lives of those around me.
• I reject foreboding and embrace hope and joy.
• I am building a stronghold of joy in my life.
THE BREAKING OFF OF AGREEMENT WITH THESE COMMON LIES
• I am not an outwardly joyful person.
• The Lord is not overly concerned with us experiencing joy.
THE WISDOM TO ADD TO DECLARATIONS
Choose joy — Just as we choose to forgive or to love, we can choose to be joyful. It is a spiritual muscle we can develop in our lives.
Act more joyful and enthusiastic than you feel — Your emotions will soon catch up to your actions. Know that you are not being “fake” in doing this – it is your true nature to be joyful!
In difficult situations, take time to laugh — When pressure is mounting, take 30 to 60 seconds to laugh out loud. This releases endorphins, reduces stress, and helps bring a clearer perspective. Make the ability to laugh in difficult situations a core value in your life. BIBLICAL REASON #1 Proverbs 18:21 Life is in the power of the tongue.
BIBLICAL REASON #1
Life is in the power of the tongue.