|Some of our Redeemer kids|
Today is Thanksgiving Day!
1. Take time to reflect on the blessings God has given you. I've made a gratitude list on my computer and printed it out. I've got the list in my pocket, and will pull it out and look at it several times today.
- Thornton Wilder
2. Think of the people God has brought to add value to your life.
"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."
- Albert Schweitzer
3. Focus on what you have gained, not what you have lost. In the worship song "Blessed Be Your Name" we sing "You give and take away, You give and take away. My heart will choose to say, blessed be your name." I remember precious people I have lost. I think of what their lives have given to me.
"He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has."
4. Say "thank you" to others, in your words, attitudes, and actions. Today, serve people. To serve is to love. Servanthood is the overflow of a thankful heart.
"The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated."
-- William James
5. Let the words "Thank you, God" be your constant praise.
"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever."
- 1 Chronicles 16:4