We'll begin at 6 with some worship.
I'll give students the class syllabus.
I will then teach on:
- How to Interpret the Bible
- 6 Views of the Bible, and the view I believe in.
- I issue a WARNING!
- I explain this quote from Ben Witherington, and why it is important: “A text without a context is just a pretext for whatever you want it to mean; therefore always study the Bible in light of its original historical, archaeological, literary, theological, ethical contexts.”
- What "Torah" means. (Note: It does NOT mean "law.")
- The Torah is a story in 6 acts - I'll present each one as an overview.
- I'll repeat the assignment for Jan 18 (no class Jan 11, I'll be speaking in Dayton), and explain how to keep a Torah Journal.
If you are interested just show up at Redeemer tomorrow night at 6.