For my MCCC Philosophy of Religion students:
The second round of 1-on-1 oral exams are Nov. 21 and Nov. 26.
The exams will be held in room A153.
The exam questions are:
- Explain Mackie's logical (a priori) argument from evil against the existence of God.
- Explain the Buddhist idea that evil is an illusion (and hence Mackie's third statement is false).
- Explain Plantinga's refutation of the logical argument from evil.
- Explain Rowe's evidential argument from evil against the existence of God.
- Explain Wyckstra's "no-seeum" critique of Rowe's evidential argument.