|Monroe's Woodland Cemetery|
At Redeemer we're preaching through the Christology of the letters of Paul. Tomorrow it's just one verse: Colossians 1:18, which reads:
And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
This is high Christology. I love this verse!
In my message I will do things like:
- explain "head" of the body
- define "church" (it's not to be thought of - at all!!! - as a "building" Christians go to)
- the importance of the resurrection
- the supremacy, the preeminence, of Christ...
- ... in all things
- stand back and watch Christ lead, tomorrow morning, throughout the "service" (Jesus is the now-Lord of even the worship service)
Everything in all of life, both inside and outside the "church," exists to make Christ look good.