|Spider web, in my back yard|
And complicated. A twisted, tangled, thorny mess held this family captive. They had no hope for healing the damaged relationships. This family was fragmented by a series of sinful choices. Some were heard saying, "We will never be a family again."
This is how things often appear from the inside. We've done damage, and been damaged, and nothing can fix us. No amount of money can buy what we need, no material thing can assuage our pain, no substance can cover over the scars.
I remember saying to one of the family members, "It seems there is no way out. That's what the enemy wants you to think. But actually, the way out is simple to understand." It's this.
1. Turn again to Jesus. (Read this, and this,)
2. Be accountable for your own failures. (Read this.)
3. Confess your sins to one another.
4. Forgive one another. (Read this, or this, or this, or this.)
5. Get additional outside help with the healing process. (In the SE Michigan area go here, or here.)
The goal is reconciliation and restoration of relationship. With the courage and humility to do 1-5, and with God's help, this family can come together again.