TO PASTORS WHO WANT TO DISCUSS REVIVAL IN OUR CHURCHES, AND PRAY TOGETHER:
I and my associate Tim continue to preach on revival at Redeemer. God has called us to prepare the hearts of the people for revival and awakening.
I invite you to join me on a conference call TONIGHT, Nov. 19, 9 PM EST.
Some of you have already indicated you will be joining this call.
My idea is:
- Look together at Michael Brown's definition of "revival."
- Discuss: America needs help. The real problem is spiritual and moral, not political or even economic. (A spiritual outpouring will affect politics and economics.) See, e.g., New York Times columnist David Brooks, who recently wrote: "The chief struggle of the day is sociological and psychological, not ideological or economic. The substrate layer of American society — the network of relationships and connection and trust that everything else relies upon — is failing. And the results are as bloody as any war."
- Discuss: the problem is not with the great amount of darkness, it's with the small amount of light. I am praying for revival and awakening to come to churches in America.
- The Church is to be salt and light in our secular world. Following Romans 12:1-2, one indicator of our saltiness and luminosity will be cultural change. I see precious little systemic cultural change in America. Is it because Church needs reformation?
- Discuss: Revival begins with individual Jesus-followers.
- Discuss: Why not you? Why not your church? Why not now?
- Pray together.
If this is for you please email me and I'll add you to my Revival Church Group, and send you the conference call information.