Yesterday morning when we assembled together I spoke about the simplifying focus revival brings. All hearts and minds are on One Thing.
The apostle Paul expresses his desire this way, in 1 Corinthians 2:2.
For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. (NIV)
I deliberately kept it plain and simple: first Jesus and who he is; then Jesus and what he did—Jesus crucified. (Message)
For while I was with you I was determined to be consumed with one topic—Jesus, the crucified Messiah. (Passion)
I handed out these Jesus-centered declarations, and we read them together. (From Steve Backlund, with minor editing.)
Blessings today as you focus on Jesus!
I BELIEVE JESUS HAS BEEN RAISED FROM THE DEAD.
- God made Christ who knew no sin to be sin for me that I might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2 Corinthians 5:21.
- I have redemption through Jesus Christ’s blood and the forgiveness of sins. Ephesians 1:7, Colossians 1:14.
- I am saved by grace through faith. I am not saved by my own works. Ephesians 2:8-9.
- I have been brought to Father by the blood of Christ. Ephesians 2:13.
- I have obtained an inheritance in Christ. Ephesians 1:11.
- The Father has accepted me into His forever family. Ephesians 1:6.
- God my Father has delivered me from the power of darkness and transferred me into the kingdom of His beloved Son. Colossians 1:13.
- I am in Christ Jesus and therefore I am a new creation. Old things have passed away and all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17.
- I am blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ. Ephesians 1:3.
- I am God’s masterpiece. He created me anew in Christ Jesus, so I can do the good things He planned for me long ago. Ephesians 2:10 NLT.
- Christ dwells in my heart by faith. I am rooted and grounded in love. Ephesians 3:17.
- God gives me the victory through Jesus Christ my Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:57.
- If I sin, I have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 1 John 2:1 (ESV).
- All of God’s promises are yes and amen for me because I am in Christ. 2 Corinthians 1:20.
- I am qualified in Christ to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints. Colossians 1:12.