Saturday, August 09, 2014
Sunday, Aug. 10 at Redeemer - 1 John 1:1-4
Tomorrow morning at Redeemer we begin preaching through the biblical book of 1 John. Tomorrow: 1 John 1:1-4. Things I'll be preaching on include:
1) God as everlasting (ap arches; "from the beginning);
2) The everlasting, uncontainable God is able to localize his presence in a person;
3) the story of Jesus as validated by eyewitness testimonies (seeing, hearing, touching), + I'll share a story I saw happen last Sunday night when I spoke in New Jersey;
4) the distinctiveness of Christian "fellowship" as not only horizontal but vertical; and
5) what it means to say that Jesus, in his identity, IS life, and dispenses life NOW.