Therefore, as a pastor my job description is to equip people and build up the church ("church" = people who are called out to follow after Jesus).
At Redeemer this fall we have the following Equipping-For-Ministry opportunities.
- Youth and kids meet Thursday nights.
- Full Life in Christ (our basic 9-month equipping class) meets Tuesday nights – begins Sept. 9
- Home Groups - small group fellowships centered on the biblical texts we are preaching on - see Linda Piippo if you want to be in one of our Home Groups.
- Prayer – Sunday nights – begins Sept. 14 6-8 PM - taught by John Piippo (students will use the manuscript of my book "Praying").
- Discovering the Real Jesus – Tuesdays 5-7 – begins Sept. 15 - taught by Jim Collins (at Redeemer we are focusing on becoming a Jesus-literate people)
- Intimacy and Identity in Worship – Tuesday mornings – 9:30-1 – Sept. 15 - taught by our main worship leader Holly Benner (we are a worshiping church)
- Young Adults - meets Friday nights - led by Josh Lewis and a team of leaders
- Sunday morning – Children’s Church
- Sunday morning - for years we have been preaching through the biblical texts. On Aug. 10 we begin preaching through 1 John.
- Deeper Bible Study - I involve our people in weekly engagement with the biblical text we are preaching on for the coming Sunday. Send me an email to join - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My E-Prayer Team. This one is only for my Redeemer family. I have 150 Redeemer adults who receive prayer requests during the week to pray for.