This is from Dallas Willard, with slight editing.
LEADERS HAVE THE MINDSET OF CHRIST
- Leaders with Christ know they do not exercise leadership for their own gratification.
- Power is not a prize.
- Position is not for personal gain - in any respect.
- The objective is not to get or hold onto position.
- Leading is not something we need to make us okay.
- My self-esteem is not tied to success as a leader.
- I am abundantly cared for, because I am in companionship with Jesus.
- Who leads is God's business.
- As we follow Jesus, fear of failing to keep our position does not cross our minds.
- We lead, entirely free of this world's ideas about success.
Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus.
This is the mindset of Christ.