|Detroit Public Library|
Many pastors and Christian leaders are calling their churches to Revival and Awakening. Some have shared with me that they are encountering resistance. For the enemy, satan, wants to keep the church dead and asleep (choose your metaphor). The enemy desires to keep church people comfortable. And happy, and entertained.
These pastors are prophets and spiritual pioneers. Leonard Ravenhill described their fate like this.
- They are the villains of today and the heroes of tomorrow.
- They are excommunicated while alive and exalted when dead.
- They are dishonored with epithets when breathing and honored with epitaphs when dead.
- They are friendless while living and famous when dead.
- They are against the establishment in ministry; then they are established as saints by posterity.
In Brown, Michael L. Revolution in the Church: Challenging the Religious System with a Call for Radical Change, Kindle Locations 2147-2153)
Jesus experienced this kind of resistance, right? The "religious" stand against spiritual progress.