|Playing chess with two friends.|
In this class we will:
- Explain what logic and critical thinking are.
- Show how thinking rationally is one way of loving God.
- Explain what statements are, and how they are related to truth.
- Give basics of logic: 1) deductive (formal) logic); 2) inductive (probableistic) logic; and 3) inference to the best explanation (abductive reasoning).
- Do some in-class worksheets testing logical skills.
- Provide many examples, including a demonstration using the Moral Argument for God's Existence.
When: Friday, Feb. 8, 1-3 PM
Instructor: Dr. John Piippo (PhD in Philosophical Theology from Northwestern university; Adjunct Professor of Philosophy at Monroe County Community College; Pastor of Redeemer Fellowship Church in Monroe, Michigan; Author - Praying: Reflections on 40 Years of Solitary Conversations with God; and Leading the Presence-Driven Church. )
Go HERE to sign up.