In Redeemer Ministry School's Spring Trimester I will teach a class on world religions and Christianity. Topics I will likely cover include:
- Introduction to and understanding of the major world religions (Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Islam)
- Possible reference to other religions (e.g., African religions; primitive Chinese religion; Taoism; Confucianism)
- Possible reference to smaller religions in America (e.g., Wicca; neo-paganism; et. al.)
- A special section on Moralistic Therapeutic Deism (following University of Notre Dame's Christian Smith's research) - the current religion of non-choice of American adolescents
- A section on my friend Candy Brown's The Healing Gods: Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Christian America
- and... a Christian response to all of these.
More information on dates, times, and registration TBA. (Will begin in late March, meet one morning a week, and last until the final week in May.)