REDEEMER COMING EVENTS
- Sunday mornings at Redeemer – we’ll be preaching out of the book of Philippians throughout the summer.
- Thursday morning, May 23, 9:30-11:30 AM. Come and learn about Understanding Islam and sharing Jesus with Muslims. Jonathan Swift, missionary to Muslims in Beirut, Lebanon for the past several years, will be with us. All are invited to come and learn.
In this lesson on gaining a greater understanding for reaching Muslims with the Gospel of Jesus we will work through our subject together through essentially two movements: “Knowing the Gospel” and “Applying the Gospel,” taking this second movement in two parts, (a) “Preaching the Gospel to Yourself,” and (b) “Sharing the Gospel with Your Muslim Friend.” Hopefully the first three sections will be a bit of a review, but an indispensable foundation (“for [the gospel] is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes…” Rom 1:16) and an empowering reminder of the life-giving truths and promises of all God is for us and all God has done for us in Jesus, nevertheless. The bulk of our time, of course, will be spent on the last section ("Sharing the Gospel with your Muslim Friend"). This section will include an overview of the main religious objections and cultural “hurdles” the vast majority of Muslims bring to a conversation about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and explore ways to best respond lovingly and “in step with the truth of the Gospel” (Gal 2:14).
- Sunday morning, May 26 – Jim and Denise Hunter will preach on “Abiding in Christ.”
- Prayer Summer – June 1 – August 31. A challenge for Redeemer people to pray 30-60 minutes a day, 5 days a week, throughout the summer. Remember the promises given to God’s people when they pray, from a verse like 2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
- Sunday, June 2, 6 PM – Redeemer Ministry School graduation.
- Sunday, June 9, 6 PM. A Challenge to Pray, at Toledo Vineyard Church. The Vineyard Worship Team will lead us into God’s presence, and then it will by my privilege to give a challenge and call to prayer.
- June 14 - Pastor Joe and Ruthanne Atkinson's 60th wedding anniversary!!!
- Sunday morning, June 16 - Pastor Joe Atkinson preaches out of Philippians 2:12-17.
- Tuesday, June 18, 7 PM – Velu, from India (Full Life in Christ – India) will be with us in the sanctuary. Worship, then Velu shares.
- 2013 Green Lake Holy Spirit Conference, June 22-27. This is our annual summer conference. Speakers include Leif Hetlund, Robby Dawkins, and Joe McIntyre (who was with us when Randy Clark came to Redeemer). Plus Holly Benner and the Redeemer Worship Team. To register go here.
- Sunday mornings June 23 and June 30 – Tim Curry will preach out of Philippians 3:1-14.
- Campfire Worship – date TBA. Probably in July. We’ll have a night of worship using Redeemer acoustic musicians. Location – probably in our backyard, on the river. If the water’s high enough should we also have baptisms? Musicians note: For any who want to accompany me that night we’ll have a practice session to work out the songs, the dynamics, the instrumental parts. I’ll be announcing this to you, hopefully soon! (For some campfire worship go here.)
- Home Groups – Linda Piippo is working with people to begin Home Groups. Please see Linda if you are interested in leading or joining one. We especially need Home Group leaders!
- Robby Dawkins at Redeemer – September 27-28-29.